2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix
- how hard is it to change the ignition switch and are any special tools required?
- I changed out my blower motor and now the car won't start like battery is dead
- when I press on the accelerator the car will not go faster than 20 miles an hour for at least 75 yards and then it feels like the gas that is going through the system is causing the engine to sputter.
- driver front window rolls down but not up
- I reset the computer. My car starts but will not go in gear and gauges don't wor
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Questions
heater only works on high and daytime running lights go out on 1 thru 4. i have changed the resistor.
Battery is charged but it just clicks if u boost rolls over real slow
one second its full and then it's back to empty again and then back to full and then back to empty I don't know how much gas I got in itm
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Recalls
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews
My car has 260,000 miles,bought it with 140,000 as it aged seemed to have alot of sensor problems and throwing codes, but all in all I would buy another, Love Pontiacs for durance.
My Grand Prix is not a bad driving car. Power is good and it handles well. I had a problem with the intake manifold leaking coolant and don't spill coffee or soda on the shifter. It will become sticky and hard to shift out of park. The shifter will need to be removed and cleaned to correct the problem.