2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix
- How to change a lock cylinder?
- fuel show full when car starts then drop down and low fuel lights come on
- What is causing my 2000 pontiac grand prix 3.8l engine to cut off?
- My car has the code po171 I changed the sensor but the code came back what to ch
- crankshaft-position-sensor-ignitionpower-train-control-modulemay-fail 583
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The fuel pump may fail causing engine to stall and not restart.
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Questions
My ignition key doesn't completely shut off. I have purchased a new lock cylinder but I am not sure how to change it. Is it an easy process or will it take a while to change?
I am replacing the fixed (non- adjustable) track bar in the rear suspension. Removing only takes 2 bolts I have removed the one by the wheel which connects to the fixed and adjustable one. My problem is when i go to remove the other bolt it is located inside the rear cross memberand i was able to...
It started yesterday- I noticed first when I started the car sort of a high pitched running sound that is unusual for my car- had my car about 4-5yrs now. Very high pitch consistent sound. It starts & runs great though! No check engine light or any other indicator that anything is wrong or in...
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Recalls
The seat belt buckles may not have been properly heat-treated during the manufacturing process. This may cause the buckles not to function correctly during a collision, which may cause injury. Dealers will replace the seat belt buckles.
2000 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews
I thought the car was a guy's car because they have referred to it as a "muscle car". I actually love the way it handles smooth cornering, nice sturdy road car. Maintenance keeps it looking brand new. The only thing is I wish the side mirrors could fold inward.
I bought my GP-GT new in 2000. I now have 107,000+ miles on it. My only complaint has been with the A/C (had to disconnect and use an ideler pully to replace compressor) and the de-fogging function which has always been overpowered in winter w/ very humid/snowey weather. The HVAC Blower has bad some very noisy screeching noises as well. Have gotten 31 MPG highway and about 17-18 MPG in all-arou...
Bought my 2000 Grand Prix GT at age 17 and totally love it. It is much more reliable than the 1978 cutlass cruizer i used to drive. Also this is by far way better than any foriegn car that i know of!