1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
- Why does my car act like it's going to die while driving down the road?
- can you tell me if my Pontiac has a sending unit on the power steering high pres
- The heater hose elbow needs to be replaced.How much will the labor be?I
- Car feels like it has little power and doesn't brake right after star up
- I have an oil leak and don't know where it's coming from?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
The fuel pump may fail causing engine to stall and not restart.
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Questions
I have been told that the alternator and brackets need to be taken off.I haven't had any trouble with heater,my low coolant light came on and I found that the hose was cracked.I have had this car for 10 years and haven't had no trouble at all.Is this a sign that I might have more trouble?
Puddle of oil under car everyday and am adding about 4 quarts a week
cars brake light with a warning signal came on and when I cut the car off it wouldn't crank at all everything locked up on it including the doors and I couldn't even open the door from inside .Now nothing works ,we chsrged the battery and it was fine.Do you know what this could be?
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Recalls
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix Reviews
bought this car (sports edition) as my 1st car for $800... after replacing a couple items and a good cleaning, some, and lots of tlc...the previous owner is jealous!!!
Bought brand new, currently 114k miles, no major engine or transmission problems yet!! I love my car. Always used quality gas & got oil changed regularly. 1st tune-up at 100k miles, my ignition still starts like a brand new car. 1st major repair in 2013 hvac. Needs new struts but still handles & accelerates like new. I'm blessed.
After a horrible experience with a 1993 VW Jetta I purchased new, I decided to trade my 1993 Jetta with 26,500 miles on the odometer for a brand new 1997 Pontiac Grand Prix GT coupe. I still have my beautiful Grand Prix and I have no intentions of ever parting with it. I'd like to be buried in it when I die! I can't believe the incredible durability of the Grand Prix's paint and interior. My Gr...