2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
- How does a transmission converter go out and how much will it cost to fix it?
- my 02 Pontiac GTP will stall and then takes a while to start again
- is there diagram/location of the emission parts for the gtp 2001
- how can I tell if the maf, or the ckp is causing a stalling issue, 01 gtp
- Replacing a right side mirror
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
The intake manifold gasket may develop external engine oil leak. The manifold gasket will need to be replaced to correct this issue. RepairPal cannot confirm a recall for this concern on these models.
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Questions
is there any way to diagnose the problem before it stalls again?it stalls out intermittently. Also only sometimes the motor will shake a bit getting on the freeway , and or at times it feels a bit sluggish. Any ideas on what's the problem or where to start? No check engine light has appeared.
location of the purge valve, vent solenoid, vent valve for the emission
2001 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Reviews
I've had this car since 2000 and still love it after 9 years. I plan to drive it as long as I can. Tie Rods were just replaced at around 90,000 miles, this was the most expensive repair so far at around 1600 dollars.
A fast very sporty car if you like going fast pick this car .