1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Running the engine with a coolant/oil mix may result in engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct this issue.
The intake manifold gasket may develop external engine oil leak. The manifold gasket will need to be replaced to correct this issue. RepairPal cannot confirm a recall for this concern on these models.
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Questions
It runs but lacks power and bogs down when I accelerate quickly.
It has a ticking noise under the dashboard while driving. What could cause this?
I jus bought a 1998 pontiac grand prix with 117k miles there's no check engine light on but there's water coming up from the driver side floor making carpet wet.
1998 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP Reviews
Really great car and super fast when you have the need for speed. I even beat benz's and bmw's on the straight-aways.
Great Car picked mine up with 30,000 miles on it. Have only had minor issues as wiring, Lights, Battery, Wheel Bearings. Would recommend this car to anyone that loves a fast smooth ride that 3.8 motor is great. If you have the GTP I would recommend PFYC.com they have great parts for upgrading your ride.