2005 Pontiac Grand Am Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Pontiac Grand Am
- My cruise control only works if I hold the cruise control button down
- can exhaust gas get into coolant by a bad head gasket and is there a dye to show
- Why would my car just die?
- I have a 2005 Pontiac Grand Am 3.4L leaking coolant
- The AC stops working and the power windows also stop working at the same time.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2005 Pontiac Grand Am Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The passlock sensor in the ignition lock cylinder may fail causing an anti-theft system fault and a no start condition. Our technicians tell us that the ignition lock cylinder should be replace to correct this condition.
The turn signal switch may fail causing the hazard/turn signal flasher to continue to click even when the turn signal switch is off. Replacing the faulty turn signal switch will commonly correct this condition.
2005 Pontiac Grand Am Questions
it. but no oil in coolant, or coolant in oil
Okay, so I drove home and it was fine. I got back in it to go to school and the mileage was messed up. I have the trip set to show when I need to change my oil again, and it only had around 450 miles on it. When I cranked it, it was showing only part of the numbers and then it showed a bunch of 8...
the coolant totally leaked out of the car and the car over heated, I put more in went 500 feet and the temp. went way up. the coolant leaking out that fast. I don't know for sure where its leaking but I did jack up the car and saw a hose that looked like it was coming from the radiator that t...
2005 Pontiac Grand Am Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
Certain passenger vehicles were equipped with rear suspension knuckle bolts that are not up to specifications. These may fracture, causing the rear wheels to steer in or out, thus leading to an increased chance of an accident. The dealer will replace both of these bolts free of charge. The GM recall # is 05020
2005 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews
I have had my Grand am since 2005 its been a great car. in last 2 months I finally changed the brakes and water pump went this last week... Other than route oil changes and car washed and tires. I have never had a problem w my car.... I think today I have 140,000 miles It has been to Ohio and back FLL and back. gotta love your cars....
87,000 miles.4Dr. 4cyl. The heater/ac blower motor has a squeak that drives me nuts, on low speed. Just had both front wheel bearings replaced - I got a Direct Tire that is really honest and charged me $503 for both installed. They were going to do all brakes, but told me they are fine for now. I read online that is COMMON for wheel bearings to go on Grand Ams made in the late 1990's thru 2005....