2002 Pontiac Grand Am Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
- why my signal lights to go out & stop working sometime but hazards lights work
- CHANGED BLOWER MOTOR. NOW AIR COMES OUT OF ALL VENTS
- Can a fuel filter be the cause of my car not starting?
- Recommend radiator flush??
- My car won't accelerafe unless revved to about 2 Rpms it starteed not to accelerate untill 3 Rpms but I added trans fluid and it helped significantly but it still isn't acceleratinf untill revved to 1.5. What should I do
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 Pontiac Grand Am Problems
The passlock sensor in the ignition lock cylinder may fail causing an anti-theft system fault and a no start condition. Our technicians tell us that the ignition lock cylinder should be replace to correct this condition.
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The turn signal switch may fail causing the hazard/turn signal flasher to continue to click even when the turn signal switch is off. Replacing the faulty turn signal switch will commonly correct this condition.
2002 Pontiac Grand Am Questions
Alright so I bought my car bout 8 months ago and it started giving me a trouble a month ago. It started out were it would crank up then go off maybe a few seconds later I would crank it back up and it would be fine. later I would come to find if my car was on half or more it would not do this onl...
3.4 L replaced thermostat after it suddenly stopped blowing hot air. I believe I got all air out of system. Still not working correctly. No obvious leaks etc. Would changing belt do any good?
2002 Pontiac Grand Am Recalls
Excess weight on the key ring can cause the ignition switch to move out of the run position without warning, turning off the engine. This defect can also affect the safe operation of the airbag system. Until this recall is performed, customers should remove all items from their key rings, leaving only the ignition key. The key fob (if applicable), should also be removed from the key ring. Dealers will provide two replacement key rings and key cover on all ignition keys to correct this concern.
2002 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews
I have a 2002 Grand am GT, my throttle sensor keeps going bad. I have had to replace it 4 times in the past year, I took it to the dealer and the only code is coming up is for the throttle sensor, when I put the new one on my car drives fine for about 3 months. What could make this sensor keep going bad? I cleaned my throttle body this past weekend, I'm puzzled on why it keeps going bad. Can an...
This is the best car I've ever had- 188,000 miles with no major repairs since i bought it in 2002. Very reliable! Only a few things to report- Had the automatic window clips on passenger side break, one fuel pump replaced, and radio light go out. Did have to replace the gas cap- but got a locking one anyway. Still runs strong with no noises, shimmies, or problems.
I love my 2002 Grand Am GT with a 3.4 in it. I have had it for six years it has 146,000 and is still going. I recommend it to anyone. Do not buy a 1999 grand am though. there were a lot of problems with that year.