1997 Pontiac Grand Am Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Pontiac Grand Am
- car idols fine but when you give it gas it dies like it's getting too much air
- Why does my 1997 grand am start and runs for 5 seconds then shuts off
- What is a Front Engine Cover?
- Car wouldn't start once started key stuck in ignition diconnected battery ?
- My car is overheating and the heater only comes on while pushing the gas ...
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Pontiac Grand Am Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The passlock sensor in the ignition lock cylinder may fail causing an anti-theft system fault and a no start condition. Our technicians tell us that the ignition lock cylinder should be replace to correct this condition.
The HVAC blower motor may stop working at one or more speeds due to a faulty blower motor resistor block. Our technicians recommend to confirm the resistor is at fault by first checking the operation of the switch.
1997 Pontiac Grand Am Questions
I was told that my front engine cover is cracked and drips coolant steadily and that it will cost $800 to fix.
The radiator, head gasket, and heater coil have all been replaced recently which worked for several weeks but now the car is overheating again. When I turn the heater on to keep it from overheating untill I can pull over, the heat will only blow hot while I am pushing the gas. Is there anything ...
Water is pouring out in a slight stream but running down off of the oil pan... Cant tell where it is coming from but when I park it seems 2 drain a lot of water so I keep filling it up and don't drive far...The gauge does not say that its over heating and it aint smoking... The water in the o...
1997 Pontiac Grand Am Recalls
1997 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews
I have a Pontiac Grand Am its a 97' and I'm having problems with it. When the car is coming to a stop the engine will bogg out and then when its at a total stop like at a stop light and I accelerate it dies on me. I will start back up and go but everytime it stops it dies when I accelerate. We already changed the fuel filter and the coils so im not too sure whats wrong.
I change my battery and starter on the same day and now my theft system show up on my dash and dont have the any odeal how to get it off so my car will start
Bought mine brand new. it had 3 miles on it when I took the keys. Have had afew problems but what car dont? Had to replace the AC compressor at 38000 miles. THen had problems with AC again at about 60000 miles. Had to replace EGR valve at about 50000 miles. The rest of the things are normal things that every car has to have replaced from time to time. Wish they had not stopped making these car...