1996 Pontiac Grand Am Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Pontiac Grand Am
- Why does my Car hesitates when I reach 55 mph?
- Comprehensive visual, functional check passed emissions failed no(rpm)failed
- where can you find the circuit breaker on a 1996 grand am
- My 1996 Grand Am check engine light is blinking. The code say misfire on cyl 6
- Hi all got a 96 Grand Am with headlight probs. am thinking switch at steering
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1996 Pontiac Grand Am Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The HVAC blower motor may stop working at one or more speeds due to a faulty blower motor resistor block. Our technicians recommend to confirm the resistor is at fault by first checking the operation of the switch.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light may be the result of a loose or worn gas cap.
1996 Pontiac Grand Am Questions
I've changed spark plug and still blinking. What could the problem be?
thief system wont let the car start for about 5 min.can i disconnect it
lost power would the body module kill power or security system be bad car turns over but no pump or spark
1996 Pontiac Grand Am Recalls
1996 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews
Good basic car. May have problems with coolant leaks from the engine. Interior trim and seats will show signs of wear sooner than expected. The front brakes may pulsate when stoping caused by worn rotors. Just keep up with the minor repairs and you may be able to avoid some of the major ones.
Piece of shit. Almost killed my son, girlfriend, and me like 16 times. Shuts off while im driving and both the brakes and steering wheel lock. constantly wouldnt start even after paying for repairs. Muffler became loose twice and blew 3 brand new tires. i hate this car honestly. never buying a pontiac ever again.
I have owned 2 of these cars and the head gasket went in both of them and in my first one there was a wiring problem it would always blow a fuse which would shut off the car while i was driving NEVER AGIAN will I buy one