1992 Pontiac Grand Am Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Pontiac Grand Am
- Car runs hot while stopping in traffic or when parked. On highway It's ok.
- what causes no start issues - ie. no fire in plugs coils and ok and plates 3.3v6
- 3.3 L v6 stalled and wont start, rolls over but no spark to plugs
- how to replace the blower motor resistor?
- the dash fan switch only worked on low and high,then stopped working altogether.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1992 Pontiac Grand Am Problems
The heater core under the right side of the dashboard may leak engine coolant which can puddle on the passenger front floor. The loss of coolant may cause an engine overheating condition. Our technicians tell us that removal of the dash board is necessary to replace the heater on these vehicles.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1992 Pontiac Grand Am Questions
It happens all the time I try flushing system but it boils over,can you help me with this please?
died on me twice and restarted after few minutes, then died and will not restart - no security system and fuel system ok. thinking it might be a grounding issue or CP sensor unsure where to start
fan switch worked on low and high only,then stopped altogether
1992 Pontiac Grand Am Recalls
1992 Pontiac Grand Am Reviews
Very good car. Very reliable! No rust, just has dents and dings and a few chips off of the paint... nothing unsuspected.. just trying to replace the water pump.
I have had nothing but problems with this car ever since it was purchased. I had to replace the heads. Put on a new starter. Unhook the tork converter and now the gear shifter button fell out and the gear shifter is broken. The car leaks on the passenger side. I cannot believe so many things could happen to one car. It is a 1992 grand am. Now I'am stuck with this car and can not afford to get a...