2007 Pontiac G6 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2007 Pontiac G6
- Problems With Electric Power Steering System May Require Steering Column Replacement
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue
- Oil Leak From Front Crankshaft Seal
- Poor Terminal Contact at BCM Connectors May Cause Electrical Issues
- The Fuel Gauge May Not Read Correctly and/or Check Engine Light With Code P0455/P0461
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2007 Pontiac G6 Problems
Various issues with the electric power steering system may develop and could require replacement of steering column assembly.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
Vehicles with a 3.5L or 3.9L V6 engine may develop an engine oil leak from the front crankshaft seal. Our technicians tell us a revised front crankshaft seal is available to correct this concern.
2007 Pontiac G6 Questions
the car jerks when i start up a hill or when I press the gas to take off from a stop. thank you
2007 Pontiac G6 Recalls
Increased resistance in an electrical connection at the body control module (BCM) may result in voltage fluctuations in the brake pedal sensor circuit. These fluctuations can cause concerns with various systems that monitor the position of the brake pedal, any of which would increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will attach the wiring harness to the BCM with a spacer, apply dielectric lubricant to both the BCM and harness connector and the BAS and harness connector, and will reprogram the brake pedal sensor to correct these concerns.
The passenger side air bag may not deactivate as appropriate when a child is sitting in the seat. This is due to a faulty seat sensor. Dealers will replace the passenger sensing system. The GM recall number is 06143. This recall began on April 17, 2007.
2007 Pontiac G6 Reviews
+Have a 2007 Pontiac G6 and nothing but problems.Dr door is jamb shut no way of opening it,gotta crawl through to drivers seat.Then passenger outside door handle broke,while opening door,can't lock doors,if I don't forget have to leave passenger window down in order to crawl in Asked a lot of guys mach.... so forth to no avail
great car... I have a 2007 its almost 2011, car is great. I have a G6 v6.... factory tires were horredous being an "upgraded base" its understandable... 17 in wheels on hankooks. I put a set of cheap BFGs on the car and it is amazing. I am a florida boy, no issues whatsever with brakes of anything, in the mountains of NC on trips I did have the rotors warp, but they cooled and unwarped...
This car is a LOT of fun to drive with razor sharp handling and swift acceleration. We have never had any problems with it. The Monsoon stereo sounds fantastic and the audio controls on the steering wheel is a nice touch. It's just a great cruisin' car. The car is also very good in the snow