2006 Pontiac G6 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Pontiac G6
- Problems With Electric Power Steering System May Require Steering Column Replacement
- Check Engine Light Due to Gas Cap Issue
- Oil Leak From Front Crankshaft Seal
- Poor Terminal Contact at BCM Connectors May Cause Electrical Issues
- The Fuel Gauge May Not Read Correctly and/or Check Engine Light With Code P0455/P0461
- engine light,T/C lights are on and a msg across the screen says reduced eng pwr?
- I got a code of p0420 but I replace the cat converter this summer. What can it b
- why does my car shake when I brake?
- Could my steering column be throwing off my alignment?
- does this system have a expansion valve or oriface tube ????
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2006 Pontiac G6 Problems
Various issues with the electric power steering system may develop and could require replacement of steering column assembly.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
Vehicles with a 3.5L or 3.9L V6 engine may develop an engine oil leak from the front crankshaft seal. Our technicians tell us a revised front crankshaft seal is available to correct this concern.
2006 Pontiac G6 Questions
The car runs fine but the engine light is on. The cat converter is maybe 3 months. It failed inspection bc of the p0420. Is this going to be expensive?
I did replace the gas cap before the check engine light came on not sure if gas cap could be faulty after a year which would cause 3 codes to come up. Anyone know how to check or have a diagram of where these vapor lines are? Gas tank reads E.
2006 Pontiac G6 Recalls
Increased resistance in an electrical connection at the body control module (BCM) may result in voltage fluctuations in the brake pedal sensor circuit. These fluctuations can cause concerns with various systems that monitor the position of the brake pedal, any of which would increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will attach the wiring harness to the BCM with a spacer, apply dielectric lubricant to both the BCM and harness connector and the BAS and harness connector, and will reprogram the brake pedal sensor to correct these concerns.
The vehicles being recalled are equipped with an electric power steering (EPS) assist system. The EPS can fail unexpectedly while driving. If this were to occur, steering ability would be maintained but much greater effort would be necessary to steer the vehicle, especially at slow speeds. One of four remedies will be applied depending on the model and year. Parts are not yet available so expect a second notification when they are.
A poor electrical connection could occur at the brake light switch due to corrosion. Systems affected would be brake lights, cruise control, and the shifter interlock. The loss of brake light operation could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will apply dielectric lubricant to the connector to prevent corrosion. The recall is expected to begin on February 17, 2009. The General Motors recall number is 80317.
2006 Pontiac G6 Reviews
I have my pontiac for five yrs. it has 130,000 miles on it.I have not had any issues with it. and now everything is starting to act up. my power steering has been locking up. and my drivers side window will not let down anymore. but i'm going to fix her up and keep on moving because i love my car.
I love my G6! It has great accelleration and power, more than expected for a 4 cyl. Sporty look and lots of room , interior and trunk. It's bigger than it looks. Handles well in snow with the front wheel drive and with front cables, is unstoppable in icey conditions. Having some confusion with check engine light right now, differing codes than will clear up. Don't know yet what's up with ...
Reliable; handles extremely well; nice smooth ride.