2005 Pontiac G6 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2005 Pontiac G6
- how much is it to fix my car? It is about to throw a rod im the engine.
- Lights on the steering wheel are not working how do I replace them?
- How to fix has cap problem
- Where is the valve soupape you changed? Where is it located on the car??
- Is there a speed sensor located internally in the transmission of a 2005 G6?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2005 Pontiac G6 Problems
Various issues with the electric power steering system may develop and could require replacement of steering column assembly.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
Various electrical issues may be caused by poor terminal contact at the body control module (BCM) electrical connectors. Proper diagnoses will be required to confirm faults are related to poor BCM connections.
2005 Pontiac G6 Questions
I have a a G6 GT 2005, one side works the other went out one at a time.
Bought two after market gas cap and one from dealer ship still no results check engine light still on
Where to find the valve?4
2005 Pontiac G6 Recalls
Increased resistance in an electrical connection at the body control module (BCM) may result in voltage fluctuations in the brake pedal sensor circuit. These fluctuations can cause concerns with various systems that monitor the position of the brake pedal, any of which would increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will attach the wiring harness to the BCM with a spacer, apply dielectric lubricant to both the BCM and harness connector and the BAS and harness connector, and will reprogram the brake pedal sensor to correct these concerns.
The vehicles being recalled are equipped with an electric power steering (EPS) assist system. The EPS can fail unexpectedly while driving. If this were to occur, steering ability would be maintained but much greater effort would be necessary to steer the vehicle, especially at slow speeds. One of four remedies will be applied depending on the model and year. Parts are not yet available so expect a second notification when they are.
A poor electrical connection could occur at the brake light switch due to corrosion. Systems affected would be brake lights, cruise control, and the shifter interlock. The loss of brake light operation could increase the risk of a crash. Dealers will apply dielectric lubricant to the connector to prevent corrosion. The recall is expected to begin on February 17, 2009. The General Motors recall number is 80317.
2005 Pontiac G6 Reviews
501,000 km great car. replaced control arms 3 times drivers, 2 times passenger. - sawed 1/2" off of the front bolt for ease of removal. Has steering go manual (recall problem) about 3 times a year. - Solution: turn off, then start again. Replaced tie rods, and other maintenance items per normal. Has the standard electical problem with gas cap, program fault. Has a problem with the drive...
I've never been so ready to get rid of anything like this in my life! Looks can be deceiving.
I just bought a G6 and the only problem i have is that my interior light always works with the door but sometime when you use the map light it dont work and when you open the door and push the map light it would turn off..... i dont know what to think?????