2009 Pontiac G3 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Pontiac G3
- 2009 G3 automatic, starting off at low speeds feels like vehicle is surging.
- lost key, replace with transponder without remote after working for evening stop
- 2009 pontiac G3. sputtering in gear. new clutch or slave cylinder?
- How much does it cost to change the transmission fluid? Fluid is brown.
- My speedometer stopped working and the tpms light is on are they related?
2009 Pontiac G3 Problems
The speedometer may stop functioning with code P0722 stored in the powertrain control module (PCM). This may be caused by a worn speedometer gear due to coolant contamination of the transmission fluid. If contamination is found the radiator is most likely at fault. The transmission should also be thoroughly inspected and repaired or replaced as required.
A Loose or worn gas cap may cause Check Engine Light to illuminate.
2009 Pontiac G3 Questions
work for one evening and night stop working next morning
I have a 2009 pontiac G3. It is sputtering and putting in gear. Shifts fine and clutch feels the same as always but its sputters in gear and then takes off. Slave cylinder maybe? Clutch?
Can u do it urself? Does the filter have to be changed as well? I do mostly highway driving. Over 35,000 miles on it.
2009 Pontiac G3 Reviews
I got this G3 on the CASH 4 CLUNKERS program. Base model, electric nothing! But the stereo was mp3 and aux standard, so good enough. Like most Aveo stories, the stock tires (Kumho, never again) were bald at less than 30k. At 40k, I had to replace an emission coil (drive train warrenty). Then at 58k "something" broke in the tranny; they were not clear as to what that was... had to replace the F...