2000 Pontiac Firebird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Pontiac Firebird
- Both my windows don't go up and down properly, do I need new widow motors?
- why wont my transmission wont come out. I already took all the screws out
- the a/c is cold but does not blow from the vents.
- I have no heat . return line is cold from h.core.
- It seems like my firebird shifts in and out of overdrive too often. V6 3.8 Auto
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2000 Pontiac Firebird Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The head light door actuators may fail causing the head lights to become stuck in the raised or lowered position.
2000 Pontiac Firebird Questions
My drivers side window just all of a sudden stopped working one day and every time I tried to use it, there would be this loud grinding sound and it wouldn't move at all. The passenger side moves very slowly and often times gets stuck. I don't know if I need new motors on both or what.
its a little loose but it just wont come out all the way
could something be blocking the vents? are there fuses that should be checked? is there a motor that controls vents? no air comes out dash vents on any setting.
2000 Pontiac Firebird Reviews
Body pieces have gaps. Brakes are excellent. 6 speed drive train is excellent, but have had problems with leaking differentials on two of these cars. Electrical problems are frequent, particularly with the power windows in my experience. LS1 engine is one of the best made. Exhaust sounds great, but emissions system creates problems. A/C is average. Suspension and handling are good, thoug...
My bird has been with me from the car lot with no problems. Until recently and I believe the cat is bad and debating whether to remove the cat and run pipe or get the $ together to fix it like new. Just saying.