1999 Pontiac Firebird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Pontiac Firebird
- low fuel pressure, cuts out when i push on gas, fuel fuse blows whn gas is low
- The doors on the outside panels are coming off.
- My firebird keeps reading po303 and jumps from po302 and po301
- after market radio loses power when i step on brake
- When I have the lights on & I place the car ( 1999 Firebird)on reverse
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Pontiac Firebird Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The head light door actuators may fail causing the head lights to become stuck in the raised or lowered position.
The roller on the window guide attached to the bottom of the window glass may break off and cause the window to come off track.
1999 Pontiac Firebird Questions
Just did a head gasket job all new wires and plugs.and replaced coil packs and new fuel filter and checked fuel pressure and all is good and to spec and cleaned the maf sensor..changed num 3 and num 2 sparkplug and now its reading misfire num 1..we need help with this one..we are stumped.
sometimes comes back on when i restart,
the alternator voltage drops from 14V. to 12V. It takes about 2 minutes for it to start charging again .I have a new alternator & a new battery.What can be causing this problem.
1999 Pontiac Firebird Recalls
1999 Pontiac Firebird Reviews
1998 Firebird Formula- just turned 136,000 miles. No major problem thus far. Typical maintenance items...waterpump, starter, fuel pump. Nothing out of the norm. It has the LS1 (Corvette) engine in it. TONS of power on demand. I smoke mustangs and camaros all day long in this thing. LS1 engine is a very, very good engine- a hotrodders dream. I absolutely LOVE my Formula and will never sel...
I have a 1999 firebird that I paid 2000 for it is a running nightmare the CAR LOT that I bought it from told me it had salvage histroy not salvage title it has a lot of electrical problems such as the radio will change stations by its self the windshield wipers will start doing off like there on and its leaking oil from the timing chain cover the valve lifters need to be replaced the car was in...
I have a love/hate relationship with my 1999 Trans Am WS6. I love the body styling (especially the Ram Air hood), although the materials used in the interior are cheap, flimsy and poorly put together. The sheer power of the stock WS6 is awesome, and I was previously driving a 1996 Mustang GT. This car makes my old Mustang seem like a mule. The added horsepower from my SLP exhaust and la...