1998 Pontiac Firebird Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Pontiac Firebird
- starter or electrical? car started fine adn drove for 10 minutes
- Starter spins but solenoid does not engage, both tested ok on tester.
- trans am stock gears rear end going To Swap For 3.73 gears Will They Fit
- Why is my 1998 firebird vibrating real bad in any gear not stop?
- What would cause vibration at idle and in gear? Vibration stops in nuetral.
1998 Pontiac Firebird Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
The head light door actuators may fail causing the head lights to become stuck in the raised or lowered position.
The roller on the window guide attached to the bottom of the window glass may break off and cause the window to come off track.
1998 Pontiac Firebird Questions
when came out of store wouldn't start and coun=ldn't get it restarted for 10 hrs. now runs but is idling high also the radio has recently stopped working. has new battery
Had been running, turned off one day then next day tried to start, starter did engage(turn) but the solenoid did not advance the gear to engage the flywheel. Pulled starter and had the entire assembly checked, came out OK. Changed the starter relay, still same problem. Battery is only 3Mo old and...