2003 Pontiac Aztek Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Pontiac Aztek
- Fuel gage is NOT working on 2003 Aztek. Any ideas on how to proceed with a fix?
- My aztek starts but when u give it gas it stalls
- Why won't key turn in ignition, but when I pushed unlock, it did?
- If my Back lights don't work and I change all the bulbs what could be wrong
- Problems with transmission shifting.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2003 Pontiac Aztek Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid and should be replaced if this is the case.
2003 Pontiac Aztek Questions
What is best way to determine if issue is in gas tank float...or in the instrumentation display? What are the usual causes of failures like this? How to fix? How expensive? thanks.
five months ago transmission shifted fine. After sitting for four or five months transmission wont shift out of first gear until 4000 rpms. With light throttle pressure transmission will shift ok.
2003 Pontiac Aztek Recalls
Due to variations in the manufacturing process, or exposure to high heat may lead to a fracture in the tank inlet check valve. Fuel vapors may pass through the fracture and accumulate on the side of the fuel tank. A fuel leak in the presence of an ignition source could result in a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel tank. The recall began December 4, 2007. The GM recall number is 06230.
The owner's manual does not explain the child restraint anchor location symbols for the lower universal anchorage system. This does not meet the Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard. Owners were sent supplements to the owner's manual explaining the location symbols in the vehicle. The recall began August 18, 2003. The GM recall number is 03039.
In some vehicles, the steering column intermediate shaft may be too small, which could allow it to spin inside the steering column coupling. This could result in a loss of steering control and a crash could result if it happens while driving. Dealers will inspect the steering column intermediate shaft and replace it if necessary. The recall began February 7, 2003. The GM recall number is 03009.
2003 Pontiac Aztek Reviews
I love my Aztek! It just turned over 100,000 miles, and has been a great vehicle, never had any trouble with it. Camping in it is a blast!!I love the built in air generator in the rear and the rear stereo system! I buy it again!
i have a 2003 pontiac aztek and it is a ocean blue... i love my truck... it mine its paid for.. the person be fore me didnt take care of it so i have to now put some money into it but it is great truck.
Purchased new and have over 160k. Overall, has performed very well with minimal maintenance cost.