1997 Plymouth Neon Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Plymouth Neon
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1997 Plymouth Neon Problems
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
1997 Plymouth Neon Questions
When I attempt to choose another setting on the vent selector switch (i.e.: move from panel vents to defroster or floor board) it will spring back to the vent position. If it does catch at another position, a sucking noice can be heard. I am assuming it is a vacuum leak, but am questioning if i...
there was oil in my spark plug sockets so i changed the velve covers and spark plug gaskets on the valve cover...so i blew the oil out with an air chuck...and i still have absolutely no acceleration even after changing the spark plugs
I have changed the transmission switch, checked the bulbs and fuse.
1997 Plymouth Neon Recalls
Chrysler is recalling certain 1997 Dodge Dakota, Neon, and Viper; Jeep Grand Cherokee and Wrangler; and Plymouth Neon models because the air bag may deploy without warning when the ignition switch is turned off. Unexpected air bag deployment can result in occupant injury. Dealers will replace the air bag control module.
1997 Plymouth Neon Reviews
This was my first car. Very good car until the head gasket decides to blow on you. I think after 1999 they did some improvments to the Neon but from 1995 to 1999, BEWARE!!!! These cars are in the junk yard for a reason. I really liked this car but the Head Gasket the big issue. Other than that This car is perfect.