1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager
- 3.3 SE. What blows the "Ignition Switch" 10 amp fuse in fuse box under driver console as soon as key is turned to the on position?
- What caused these symptoms at the same time: no turn signals, no cabin fans front and rear, no rear wipers, airbag and abs warning lights on. Fuses are ok; no errors on Autozone diags unit; harnesses on steering column ok.
- Modifying my original question- what caused these symptoms at once-no trn sigs,
- stopped working- turn signals, blowers frnt & rr, radiator fans. ABS light is on
- Why does my van keep stalling?
1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager Problems
One or more power windows may stop working due to a failed window motor or regulator. In some cases these items are replaced as a set. If not, diagnoses will be required to determine which is at fault.
Illuminated of the airbag warning light may be caused by a lost connection between the clockspring (behind the steering wheel) and the steering wheel-mounted electrical components. Other steering wheel-mounted controls like the horn, speed (cruise) control, or radio controls (if equipped) may be inoperative. There is a lifetime warranty on the clockspring as specified in a combination of recall campaigns. For more information on these recalls please us the following links; 1996-1998 models, please click here». For 1998-2000 models, please click here»
Hood misalignment, cowl cover misalignment, wiper module drain tube(s), and/or the lower plenum drain hose may cause the HVAC housing to leak water onto the passenger side floor. Diagnoses will be required to confirm the location of a water leak in the front passenger area.
1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager Questions
1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager Recalls
1996 Plymouth Grand Voyager Reviews
I have 2 1996 Plymouth Grand Voyagers, twins and both have over 160,000 miles with relatively no engine problems at all. The higher mileage van has almost 240,000 miles on it and still runs great. I have issues with the a/c units but then they don't last forever do they. After 13 years I started to have electrical problems with the door locks on the higher mileage van and both of them have...
had for 3 years. rebuilt trans new half shaft also new brakes ,lines ,master cylinder ,battery twice,, starter. electric locks quit working also electric windows just crawl down to close push button anduse other hand to pull up. left tie rod. right turn signal died .when it rains brake lights flash when parked sometimes wippers come on when you start. etc. etc but runs great.....
leak the coolant in front and center of the driver area