1992 Plymouth Acclaim Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Plymouth Acclaim
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1992 Plymouth Acclaim Problems
The heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) system may change to defrost mode under heavy engine load conditions when low engine vacuum is produced. This can often be corrected by installing an additional vacuum check valve with reservoir to help stabilize the vacuum supply to the HVAC system.
A hesitation on acceleration may be caused by carbon build up on the EGR valve back pressure tube. Cleaning the tube will generally restore proper EGR system operation, eliminating the associated hesitation.
1992 Plymouth Acclaim Questions
My friend noticed, long after he bought it, that it seems to be wired for it, but can't find the actuator switch. It doesn't seem to be in the glove box.
brakes slip when stopping quickly
abs light comes on occasionally,
rattling noise near rear left wheel
I have a 2.5 4 cylinder and there is a slight oil leak from the 2 middle spark plugs how do I fix this
1992 Plymouth Acclaim Reviews
This car was bought when it had 35m on it, now has 162m on it! It's been a very dependable car. Great on gas mileage. Parts have been hard to find here lately, but I really don't need to replace alot of items.. just added some driving lights under the bumper..really helps. Only real problems has been the AC pump squeaking when turned on and here lately when it gets hot outside, it shuts down o...
front end popping noise don't know if it ball joint are sturt
Over all good vehicle. Lots of power. With good fuel mileage. What more can you ask for? Has a very basic, but comfy and roomy interior. The 3 speed automatic tranny with lock up torque converter is awsome. Very nice power bands throughout all gears and drives effortlessly on the highway.