1991 Plymouth Acclaim Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1991 Plymouth Acclaim
- 1991 acclaim 3.0 do i need a puller for the balancer to change the crank seal?
- 90amp 120amp alternator,how do you find out the correct one,4 or 6 grove pulley?
- how do you find out the correct amp alternator for your vehicle,correct pulley
- when i accelerate on the gas it make's a Popping noise from engine i believe.
- My power window motor runs but the windon will not go down. What can be done?
1991 Plymouth Acclaim Problems
The heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) system may change to defrost mode under heavy engine load conditions when low engine vacuum is produced. This can often be corrected by installing an additional vacuum check valve with reservoir to help stabilize the vacuum supply to the HVAC system.
A hesitation on acceleration may be caused by carbon build up on the EGR valve back pressure tube. Cleaning the tube will generally restore proper EGR system operation, eliminating the associated hesitation.
1991 Plymouth Acclaim Questions
oil is leaking out the timing cover seal (crank seal). i know some of those balancers are pressed on, is this one of those?
anything else i should know about changing the seal before i get started?
i was a mechanic for years, mostly chevy's, those i know but not much experience with these m...
when i drive the car at some point there's a noise which sounds like a loud pop.but as i drive with my foot on the gas at the safe rate of speed it's OK. if i let off the gas. and retreat to accelerate on the gas it make's a pop noise. what would you think is wrong with this car. cou...
This always occurs whenec\ver I try to use the window.