2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette
- how do you replace a thermostat and a water pump in a 2001 oldsmobile silhouette
- Why is my car overheating?
- Why is there cold air blowing while the heat is on and my vehicle is idling?
- The CD player doesn't work. It says, check disc 1, etc. It will load and eject
- Transmission only has forward gears in all settings (PRND321)
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The rear light socket plate may fail causing a brake light or other rear light to stop working.
2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Questions
I lost all warm air, then noticed the light blinking HEAT/COOLANT, I was losing power while driving and the thermostat went to High. Nothing seems to be leaking and there is still fluid in my tank. I need a diagnosis so I can fix.
Transmission only has forward gears in all settings (PRND321). 23k old rebuild by a ATEC transmission in Elma ($1700). Passed a car one day and van revved up slammed back into gear and since will not go into anything but drive. Start van and it feels like it wants to move forward, put in R and fe...
2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Recalls
2001 Oldsmobile Silhouette Reviews
I purchased this vehicle in 2001 and was pleased with its ride. It was very smooth and quiet. Almost immediately, the CD player begin to overheat after playing it for an hour or two. At that point, the cd could not be retrieved as it would not eject. The car had to be stopped for several hours bgefore the cd player could be used again. I took it for repair several times but could get no help...