1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette
- As the van is warming up, it misses just before getting to full operating temp. summer better than winter. problem is definitely operating temp related. never misses again after warm-up. new 2014 engine with 2k miles. Any help??
- As engine approchs operating temp from being cold, engine misses until comp warm
- Died one day driving tried starting but cuts off right away PLEASE HELP!!!!
- gear shifter will not shift from park to any other gear will not engage tranmiss
- What would cause my 1999 Silhouette lose a just a little power when I turn?
1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The rear light socket plate may fail causing a brake light or other rear light to stop working.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid and should be replaced if this is the case.
1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette Questions
New GM engine with 2k miles runs perfect after warmup. I'm a little worried that whatever is wrong may finally end up with engine not starting as part wears out. This condition causes no codes to be set. Thanks for any help.
It just happens when I turn and then it kicks back in when I go straight.
Not supported for : Heated Cat, Air system, air conditioner
nor ready- heated 02