1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette
- where is the alarm module located at on a 99 olds silhoutte van located at ?
- how will the hi pressure power steering hose route from rack/pinion back 2 pump
- how do i run car through drive cycle in order to pass emissions test ?
- No instrumen or tail lights during night drive, alarm sounds when door opens
- Replace engine air filter
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1999 Oldsmobile Silhouette Questions
Not supported for : Heated Cat, Air system, air conditioner
nor ready- heated 02
How do I remove the engine air filter? I unfastened the two top clamps on the air filter box, but there is not enough room to remove the old filter. Are there more clamps or screws somewhere that need to be loosened? I hate to force it apart, but maybe that is what needs to be done. Advise. Than...
bought in feb. this year..ran perfect. in may, started stalling while i was out. but would start back up several times. then wouldnt start. had it towed. when tow truck guy tried to start it was clanking. noticed that the pcv elbow was gone. got it to garage said cam was cracked and had to r...