1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid and should be replaced if this is the case.
1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Questions
thermo signal runs high after 5-10 mins then goes to zero. new thermostat placed last year. Blows cold air still after 1/2 hr(unless on highway),fans dont blow well except rear blowers
Just before it quit it would work and then not work. It would work on and off for about a month before it quit completely. Also occassionaly my left turn signal will blink fast as if there is a bulb burned out somewhere but there isn't. It goes back to working properly after I turn it off...
I have checked the cost of the part, and it is around $30.00. Wondering how labor intensive is it to fix. Also, it an intermittent problem, doesn't happen every time shifting from first to second, and doesn't happen at all once I get over 25 mph, if I do not repair immediately, will it ...
1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Recalls
1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Reviews
THIS VAN WAS PURCHASED USED SO IN ALL FAIRNESS IT DID US GREAT WE HAD LITTLE NIT PICKING PROBLEMS RUNNING LIGHT HARNESS WENT OUT ALSO THE HORN STOPPED WORKING AND REAR LIGHT ASSEMBLY WENT BAD BUT ALL IN ALL A GOOD USED CAR WOULD RECOMMEND AS GOOD WORK CAR.