1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette
- After replacing. waterpump.and thermostat .why is it still overheating?
- My vehicle had ran out of gas now we can't get it started back almost starts but
- always low on coolant,no leaks,new pressure oil switch replaced, no heat
- My passenger sliding door has quit working. Is the motor in the door?
- How difficult is it to fix the 1-2 shift solenoid?
1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The rear light socket plate may fail causing a brake light or other rear light to stop working.
1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Questions
almost wants to start but doesn't what's the problem
thermo signal runs high after 5-10 mins then goes to zero. new thermostat placed last year. Blows cold air still after 1/2 hr(unless on highway),fans dont blow well except rear blowers
1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Recalls
1997 Oldsmobile Silhouette Reviews
THIS VAN WAS PURCHASED USED SO IN ALL FAIRNESS IT DID US GREAT WE HAD LITTLE NIT PICKING PROBLEMS RUNNING LIGHT HARNESS WENT OUT ALSO THE HORN STOPPED WORKING AND REAR LIGHT ASSEMBLY WENT BAD BUT ALL IN ALL A GOOD USED CAR WOULD RECOMMEND AS GOOD WORK CAR.