1997 Oldsmobile Regency Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Oldsmobile Regency
- Heating and AC Temperature and Air Delivery Mode Door Actuators May Fail
- Transmission Pressure Control Solenoid Failure May Cause Erratic Shifting
- Loss of power steering fluid from steering rack failure
- Replace Fuel Filter Every 30,000 to Prevent Fuel Pump Failure
- ABS light due to pressure modulator valve assembly failure
1997 Oldsmobile Regency Problems
One or more heater & AC (HVAC) temperature and/or air delivery mode door actuator may fail, resulting in improper temperature or air delivery. If this occurs, fault code(s) should be stored in the HVAC control module which should assist in diagnoses.
The transmission pressure control solenoid may fail causing erratic shifting. Our technicians tell us that partial dis-assembly of the transmission is necessary to replace a failed pressure control solenoid.
1997 Oldsmobile Regency Questions
car flutters and does not run smoothly especially when driving slow or idling...would it be the oxygen sensor?
Can you tell me why this happens?
I have car for several months, ran a little hot(my opinion) not good gas mileage. Began to run rough. Stopped car. When started then began to overheat stopped car found loose connection that plugged into back of radiator on side by fill bag, black sensor type plugged back in refilled fluid. Usi...