1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass
- How do I get cooling fans and A/C clutch working again?
- Power steering pulley is loose, can I just tighten it or is there a bearing worn
- Where is the emergency brake release switch located on a 97 oldsmobile cutlass?
- New air intake sensor was put on but check engine light won't go off.
- digital odomoder has gone black.All other clusters in the dash are working excep
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Problems
The intake manifold gasket may develop and external engine oil or coolant leak. In some cases, an internal coolant leak may occur causing coolant to mix with the engine oil. Our technicians tell us that operating the engine with a coolant/oil mix can result in internal engine damage. Replacing the intake manifold gasket should correct these leaks.
The HVAC blower motor may stop working at one or more speeds due to a faulty blower motor resistor block. Our technicians recommend to confirm the resistor is at fault by first checking the operation of the switch.
Illumination of the Check Engine Light can be caused by a loose or worn gas cap.
1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Questions
Only noticed it a week ago and worried it will spit the belt off
When the emergency brake is released and the gear is in drive, it beeps for about 5-10 seconds at a time. It's really getting annoying every time I pull off. Can someone help me with this?
digital odomoder is not working,completely black.All other lights on the instament panel are working except that one
1997 Oldsmobile Cutlass Recalls
GM recalls 1997-1998 Chevrolet Malibu and Oldsmobile Cutlass vehicles in cold weather states because the wiper system may fail due to ice and snow buildup. If the wipers fail, visibility in inclement weather will be poor, which may result in a crash. Dealers will replace the passenger side windshield wiper pivot housing.