2000 Oldsmobile Bravada Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Oldsmobile Bravada
- what caes the key not to come out
- car runs for a while then braks lock up.Could this be a speed sensor?
- vehicle won't shift out of 1st gear. I hooked it up to my scan tool and manually shifted, with my scanner, through all 4 gears while I drove it. if I put the shifter in 1st and then push it to 2nd, it will shift into 2nd, but back to 1st if in 3rd or D
- Car runs like parking brake is on.Does not have balls.
- Bravada only starts by priming with gas inT.B.runs good while started.also dies when u stop and applying brakes.new fuel pump,fuel regulated,and fuel filter in past 2months. Help thank ypu
2000 Oldsmobile Bravada Problems
The heater core under the right side of the dashboard may leak engine coolant which can puddle on the passenger front floor. The loss of coolant may cause an engine overheating condition. Our technicians tell us that removal of the dash board is necessary to replace the heater on these vehicles.
The CD player in the radio may fail. Our technicians tell us that the radio will need to be removed and sent out to a radio repair shop to correct this condition.
2000 Oldsmobile Bravada Questions
Now have to pour gas in throttle body to start.runs good while stated.it dies when I come to a stop applying brakes
2000 Oldsmobile Bravada Recalls
The multifunction switch may have a short circuit, which may cause the stop lamps and rear hazard lamps to fail. Stop lights that fail to operate may cause a crash. Dealers will replace the hazard switch carrier. (Note: This campaign is an expansion of a previous recall; see 01V364)
The stop lamps and hazard lights may fail because of a faulty multifunction switch. If the lights do not illuminate, it may present a safety issue. Dealers will replace the multifunction switch.
The payload as listed on the vehicle certification label exceeds the actual limitations of the vehicle. If the weight limitations of the vehicle are exceeded, the vehicle will not operate as designed, and may cause a safety issue. Owners will be sent a revised vehicle certification label that is accurate.
2000 Oldsmobile Bravada Reviews
I have a 2000 bravado with smart track. Its jerks as we go down the road.Mechanic said it was vacuum system,claimed they fixed it.Still jerks going down road had a friend scan it diagnosed e-vac system leak. Whats a person to do??? What does the e-vac system do. Also since mechanic "fixed" it my heater no longer blows hot air.
Nice vehicle. Watch out for all wheel drive sticking...replaace rear differential fluid with "blue lube". Also keep eye on wheel bearings and ball joints.
I purchased a 2000 Olds Bravada new and have paid for it twice in repairs. Too many mechanical problems to list.