1997 Oldsmobile Aurora Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Oldsmobile Aurora
- I replaced power steering pump and belt. Now I have rattling noise front right.
- Car won't start/run unless hooked up to battery cables. Alternator? What kind?
- my 1997 olds aurora starts but runs real rough runs better at higher speed
- when i start my aurora 1997 it sputers like its running on 7 cylinders
- I try to start the car and the security light comes on and I have to wait
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1997 Oldsmobile Aurora Problems
A failing crankshaft position sensor may cause the engine to stall intermittently.
An automatic transmission fluid leak may develop from the rubber section of a transmission cooler line. In some cases the rubber section of hose can be replaced. In others, the complete cooler line must be replaced to correct this type of leak.
It is common for the sending unit to read the fuel level incorrectly. This is due to a defective module. Our technicians recommend having the complete fuel pump and sending unit replaced because the module is currently not offered separately from the pump and sending unit.
1997 Oldsmobile Aurora Questions
after 3 minutes of waiting to start the car the security light goes off and the car starts also when driving down the road that security light comes on
4.0L ENGINE; NEW HTR. CORE ;AIR COLD EXCPT 1 VNT ON PSSNGR SIDE;
how do you overide the security system because after many attempts of trying to start the car it gets very frustrating because you have to wiat three minutes in between attempts at trying to start it?
1997 Oldsmobile Aurora Recalls
GM has recalled 1995-1997 Cadillac Deville, Eldorado, Seville, and Oldsmobile Aurora vehicles because the fuel rail and fuel system return line may crack and leak fuel. In the presence of an ignition source, a fuel leak may result in a fire. Dealers will replace the fuel rail and return line.
1997 Oldsmobile Aurora Reviews
Love my 1997 Aurora. It has luxury, comfort and suits a REAL lady but the motor and power fit the most macho, hardcore gearhead. It will fly without breaking a sweat; torque awesome. BUT if you are not a mechanic (or married to one), the simple things COST A LOT. Like most luxury cars with all the perks, eventually you are going to run into electrical issues. Frustrating at best, but I lik...
when i brought this car it was a lemon. but, liked the handle of the drive so i did major repair work. because the system is electrical everything, finding the cause to the problem can be time tasking and costly. but, once that is clear it is smooth driving. the color is green but on an angle it looks like a beatiful sparkling blue. people always comment on my car. i love this vehicle.