1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.
1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Questions
We have an achevia 97'. The only key we got with it was the one someone had cut from the original. We just got the car. We got the car home. I parked it and went in the house for a little bit then went to leave and the car would start but wont stay running and the security light is reading. W...
My car is 17 years old with power steering. Last month there was an ice storm with cold weather (temps were about 10-20 degrees F)and she sat outside in covered parking for 48 hours. I started her engine and let it run for 15 minutes without any problems. I did not drive her, just let her run ...
Yesterday for the first time my 97 Achieva stuck in park, and would not release. My son was with me, and lifted the shifter panel, and pulled on a small plastic roller while holding the shifter button, and applying brake, and it let go. Today same thing. Any idea what is causing this, and how to ...
1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Recalls
1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Reviews
Purchased at Government auction ,circa 2003. 40,000 miles, for $3500. Am satisfied, but would not have purchased this car, if I had known how hard it is to work (on). It's not for a shade tree mechanic: For instance: The engine must be partially disassembled to replace the water pump! There is not much free room under the hood, so that some engine repairs are best made with the engine tilted ou...