1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Oldsmobile Achieva
- THE NEW FAN BELT i PUT ON KEEPS COMMING OFF AS SOON AS I CRANK IT UP
- Having ignition problems but dash lights do not illuminate.
- 1997 oldsmobile achieva im just trying to find out were the oil sensor located?
- headlights and interior lights flicker/pulsate.
- Leaking coolant, looks like it's coming from the block but can't pinpoint where?
1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Problems
A door window may move slowly or stop in mid travel due to a failing power window motor. The affected window may start working again after the motor cools off. Replacing the faulty window motor will commonly correct this concern.
A coolant leak may develop from the water pump. This can result in an engine overheating condition. A leaking water pump will require replacement.
1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Questions
Read a lot of posts about pass lock problems and mine does the same thing. Starts for a second then stops. But I have no dash lights. If I put the key on and wait for the dash lights to illuminate most times it will start. Then runs very rough until I can get on the road. This happened twice...
1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Recalls
1997 Oldsmobile Achieva Reviews
Purchased at Government auction ,circa 2003. 40,000 miles, for $3500. Am satisfied, but would not have purchased this car, if I had known how hard it is to work (on). It's not for a shade tree mechanic: For instance: The engine must be partially disassembled to replace the water pump! There is not much free room under the hood, so that some engine repairs are best made with the engine tilted ou...