1996 Oldsmobile 98 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Oldsmobile 98
- ac only blowing out defrost and floor. Won't blow out the vents
- the security code anti theft code how do I clear it so I can start my car I don'
- Is there a specific way to adjust the trunk lid bolts ????
- How do I reset the internal security system on my 1996 Olds 98 Regency Elite?
- Where is the oil pump located on a 3.8 engine?
1996 Oldsmobile 98 Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
The high pressure power steering hose will commonly leak fluid; it should be replaced.
1996 Oldsmobile 98 Questions
This is the first time this has occured. I was out for the day, and the car was running fine with no issues. I went into the store for 20 minutes, came out and the car wouldn't start. The radio and all stuff like that work, but the security light in the top right corner of the console is fla...
I am having a low pressure lite come on when stopped at a stop sign.