1993 Oldsmobile 98 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Oldsmobile 98
- Car hesitates and sometimes stalls after reach operating temperature.
- the check eng. light code trhodel posision sensor is flashing fuel pump stars th
- How do I take dash out I can t find all the screws and bolts please help I am
- How do you take the dash off? i took 4 screws/windshield where are other screws?
- Where is the heater core located on this car? do I have to take the whole dash
1993 Oldsmobile 98 Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
The cam sensor interrupter (magnet) may become demagnetized and/or fall off of the camshaft gear causing the Check Engine Light (Service Engine Soon) light to illuminate. On higher mileage vehicles it would be advisable to replace the timing chain and gears if this problem were to occur as the timing cover must be removed to replace the interrupter.
The front struts may show signs of wear, or be excessively bouncy ride at freeway speeds. This may begin to occur at around 75,000 miles.
1993 Oldsmobile 98 Questions
After the car has reached operating temperature, the care will hesitate and sometimes stall when accelerate hard, stomp on the pedal. It doesn't do it if accelerate slowly, less then halfish throttle. It also will try to stall when braking heavily. These problems do not generally occur until...
than but dosnt contionue too run if sray ether in throdel and nerse it it will con. to run
Where is it located and do I have to replace the evaporator?