1992 Oldsmobile 98 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1992 Oldsmobile 98
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1992 Oldsmobile 98 Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
The cam sensor interrupter (magnet) may become demagnetized and/or fall off of the camshaft gear causing the Check Engine Light (Service Engine Soon) light to illuminate. On higher mileage vehicles it would be advisable to replace the timing chain and gears if this problem were to occur as the timing cover must be removed to replace the interrupter.
1992 Oldsmobile 98 Questions
Turn key, no start up, Message board says, " clean key, Try again in 3 min."
my car bounces a lot and there's no bumps in the road.I've checked it's NOT the shocks.I was told it's the frame mount,can or should I still drive the car?
My car is leaking coolant. Some of it stays in but some of it leaks out onto the ground as I am pouring it in. Is it the intake manifolds or head gaskets that need to be replaced?
1992 Oldsmobile 98 Recalls
1992 Oldsmobile 98 Reviews
IM the second owner of my 1992 oldsmobile 98. I got it when it was 7 yrs old and had 92,000 miles on it. Has all the bells and whisles on it. Yes i have had to replace the tranny(2003) and other things like ball joints, struts, shock ect. I had it all checked out before i drove 4200 miles across the US from Michigan to Califonia in 2010. I did not have one problem. Was alittle worried that mayb...