1990 Oldsmobile 98 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Oldsmobile 98
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1990 Oldsmobile 98 Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
The cam sensor interrupter (magnet) may become demagnetized and/or fall off of the camshaft gear causing the Check Engine Light (Service Engine Soon) light to illuminate. On higher mileage vehicles it would be advisable to replace the timing chain and gears if this problem were to occur as the timing cover must be removed to replace the interrupter.
1990 Oldsmobile 98 Questions
replaced coil assy. still missing ? crank sensor ? ecu ? Any suggestions ?
The air pump for the rear air shocks on my 90 Olds 98 will randomly turn on whether or not the car is on. I can't hear any vacuum leaks in the line, so what could it be?