1990 Oldsmobile 98 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1990 Oldsmobile 98
- What would be wrong if on an automatic transmission the car gose foward only
- Why car started leakn water now its making a ticking or clacking noise
- My car want start I'm not getting fire from my crank cen, cam cen,contr maul
- No fire coming out of the crank shaft censor, cam shaftcenser, control manual wire
- i want to know if the camshaft sensor has a magnut
1990 Oldsmobile 98 Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
The cam sensor interrupter (magnet) may become demagnetized and/or fall off of the camshaft gear causing the Check Engine Light (Service Engine Soon) light to illuminate. On higher mileage vehicles it would be advisable to replace the timing chain and gears if this problem were to occur as the timing cover must be removed to replace the interrupter.
1990 Oldsmobile 98 Questions
The shift lever dose not make sounds. The car can trun off but not on since park is not engage currently car is in drive and off be pushed forward or back but steeringIis locked car is actually 89 front wheel drive with anti-lock breaks
And the noise gets louder when I press the gas
replaced coil assy. still missing ? crank sensor ? ecu ? Any suggestions ?