1998 Oldsmobile 88 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Oldsmobile 88
- What could cause my engine yo keep stalling?
- Repair leakage underneath car
- 1998 88 olds try battery ,alt,starter all were goods still wont turn over
- not getting a spark after charging1998olds88 5 hours,after replacing serp belt
- please!any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!replaced serpintine belt,recharged battery,car turns over,no fire,checked fuses,sprayed carb cleaner,battery died trying to start turns over great,no fire.cars now been on charger 4 1/2 hrs,any ideas?imo
1998 Oldsmobile 88 Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
1998 Oldsmobile 88 Questions
Alternator was just replaced. Battery is fine. While moving engine runs and shifts smooth. Sputters and dies while idling. Giving it a little gas causes the engine to sputter more and die. Could this be the Mass Airflow Sensor, the O2 sensor, or what?
I have a 1998 88 olds my wife drove to work went to leave car would turn over click are anything took starter had check its good took alt. got it check it was good took battery had it check it was good and that's were I am at know