1998 Oldsmobile 88 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1998 Oldsmobile 88
- i am trying to charge my ac myself where is exactly is port on my engine
- Plugged my car into computer and code P0300 random multiple cylinder misfire.
- Car will not start but turns over has spark and has fuel pumping to engine.
- My car will start, but won't catch any of the gears
- security light on car starts fine how to turn off light
1998 Oldsmobile 88 Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
1998 Oldsmobile 88 Questions
Driving my car and it just stalled and would not restart. Thought it was the fuel pump so I replaced it. Still will not start just keeps turning over. Checked valves everything in working. I have not checked spark plugs yet though. Any suggestions to what the problem may be? Stumped!
Alternator was just replaced. Battery is fine. While moving engine runs and shifts smooth. Sputters and dies while idling. Giving it a little gas causes the engine to sputter more and die. Could this be the Mass Airflow Sensor, the O2 sensor, or what?
I have a 1998 88 olds my wife drove to work went to leave car would turn over click are anything took starter had check its good took alt. got it check it was good took battery had it check it was good and that's were I am at know