1997 Oldsmobile 88 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Oldsmobile 88
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
1997 Oldsmobile 88 Problems
Problems with anti-theft systems using the raised-chip key can prevent the car from starting. The wires in the steering column to the ignition lock cylinder tend to break. The key and ignition lock cylinder should be replaced to correct this condition.
1997 Oldsmobile 88 Questions
Smooth acceleration up to 60mph. Then the car "JERKS" as if your pressing "ON the gas-OFF the gas." Twice per second, over & over & over. At the same time the RPM gauge is fluctuating "FROM 2000 down to 1500" then back to 2000rpm over & over & ...
A few days ago was driving down the road and car stopped on me and wouldn't start. Tried to jump start it didn't work. Came back the next morning tried again still wouldn't start. Took battery off and took to O'Reily's and they charged it, it was at 19% but its good. Tested th...
serpentine belt will not go on without taking off engine mount and bracket. Is this standard procedure or am I doing something wrong?
1997 Oldsmobile 88 Reviews
This is one of my favorite cars. I have had so many compliments from mechanics about the engine and rims of this car, that it makes me feel like I own a Lexus or something. It rides very smooth. The only problem I encounter was that the A/C blew out on me, and by delaying to fix it I had to keep my windows open in the heat of Miami, this tore up my headliner of course. Nothing else... no mec...