2010 Nissan Xterra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2010 Nissan Xterra
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2010 Nissan Xterra Problems
The fuel level sensor can fail causing erratic or inaccurate fuel gauge readings. The Check Engine Light may also illuminate. Nissan has recalled 2006 - 2008 vehicles only for this fuel gauge issue. For more information on the recall, please click here»
A whining or buzzing type noise may develop from the timing chain area caused by excess slack in the secondary timing chains. Nissan has issued a service bulletin (NTB09-128) regarding this issue. Replacement of both secondary timing chains and their tensioner shoes will be necessary to repair this concern. As part of this repair, the engine oil and filter should also be replaced.
2010 Nissan Xterra Questions
At a stop light my heat-air coming out of the interior vents go cold and warms back up when I start moving again. The Heat gauge is in normal operating range and coolant level is normal.
2010 Nissan Xterra Recalls
Nissan is recalling 2008–2010 models equipped with Garmin Nuvi 750 navigation systems because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Nissan will notify owners and Garmin technicians will replace the unit's battery and insert a spacer to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
Welds on the mounting collars of the front lower control arm may not meet specifications. A failed control arm increases the risk of a crash. Dealers will repair the vehicles as necessary. This recall is scheduled to begin by May 20, 2010.
2010 Nissan Xterra Reviews
Outstanding car! The only disappointment is the S model doesn't offer optional leather seats and there's no optional navigation system built in. Would be nice if some of the comforts of new technology were offered as options for the interior.