2008 Nissan Xterra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2008 Nissan Xterra
- My Xterra won't start. It cranks but doesn't start.
- 2008 Nissan Xterra. Just had new wheel bearing front drivers side cost $600.
- Squealing from front end when turning to the right.
- Driving my truck it vibrates when driving 55 MPH or higher what is the cause?
- Two Problems. the 1st one is I have a whining noise coming from my truck.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2008 Nissan Xterra Problems
The fuel level sensor can fail causing erratic or inaccurate fuel gauge readings. The Check Engine Light may also illuminate. Nissan has recalled 2006 - 2008 vehicles only for this fuel gauge issue. For more information on the recall, please click here»
A whining or buzzing type noise may develop from the timing chain area caused by excess slack in the secondary timing chains. Nissan has issued a service bulletin (NTB09-128) regarding this issue. Replacement of both secondary timing chains and their tensioner shoes will be necessary to repair this concern. As part of this repair, the engine oil and filter should also be replaced.
The coolant outlet on the front of the lower intake manifold may develop a coolant leak.
2008 Nissan Xterra Questions
Is that legitimate? Now that they replaced that bearing the whole truck vibrates when I accelerate & there is squealing noise that comes from the front when I accelerate. What might have caused this?
When I turn the steering wheel to the right or break, my car is squealing, like metal on metal and it feels like something is rubbing. The mechanic i just brought it to is saying it's my a/c compressor deteriorating internally and my serpentine belt is cracked. My a/c works, it does NOT squ...
front end vibrations
2008 Nissan Xterra Recalls
Nissan is recalling 2008–2010 models equipped with Garmin Nuvi 750 navigation systems because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Nissan will notify owners and Garmin technicians will replace the unit's battery and insert a spacer to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
The molded fuel tank can warp, creating interference with the fuel sender float arm and fuel tank. This would cause the fuel gauge never to read below a quarter tank of fuel even if it's empty. If the vehicle runs out of gas in traffic, you might become stranded or get into an accident. Dealers will replace the fuel level sending unit with one that has a modified float arm. The recall began March 22, 2010.