2003 Nissan Xterra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Nissan Xterra
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2003 Nissan Xterra Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The coolant outlet on the front of the lower intake manifold may develop a coolant leak.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
2003 Nissan Xterra Questions
I have to reach a speed of 45 mph for the ac to blow cool air. if I stop it will get warm again and take time to cool. Is this a defect with the car?
I have everything done down to disconneting the actual fuel pump , but can't figure out how to disconnect it from fuel level sensor. Help !
Has been a great car but needed a new iming chain. I replaced it and now its not getting very much power. what could be the problem? How does it get fixed?
2003 Nissan Xterra Recalls
Nissan is recalling 2002–2004 Frontier and Exterra models due to corrosion in the lower steering column joint that can limit movement of the joint, resulting in excessive load. This can lead to cracking of the shaft, which may result in loss of steering control, increasing the risk of a crash. Nissan will replace the steering column shaft and joint with a different design, free of charge.