2001 Nissan Xterra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Nissan Xterra
- ABS(anti-braking system) light on dash comes on for about a minute 2 or 3 times a month.The brakes always seem to work fine. What is my problem? Should I ignore the light?
- ABS(Advanced anti-brake system)light on dash comes on app.1 minute twice a month
- On dash ABS(Anti-braking light system)comes on 1 or 2 times a week for a minute
- Where is the crankshaft position sensor located?
- I was driving and my car just shut down. Then would not start back up
2001 Nissan Xterra Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The coolant outlet on the front of the lower intake manifold may develop a coolant leak.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
2001 Nissan Xterra Questions
IS IT POSSIBLE WHAT A AUTOMATIVE SHOP SAID? THE ALTERNATOR IS BAD AND NOT CHARGING THE BATTTERY. THE TRANSMISSION IN EFFECT COULD NOT BE GETTING SOME OF THE ELECTRICAL IMPULSES TO WORK CORRECTLY.
IN COLD WEATHER DRIVES FINE IF CAR IS WARMED UP BEFORE.IF NOT WARMED UP TRANSMISSION SLIPS FOR AWHILE GOING FROM GEAR TO GEAR EXCEPT 1ST TO 2ND. WHY AND SHOULD I HAVE IT CHECKED OUT?
2001 Nissan Xterra Recalls
2001 Nissan Xterra Reviews
I love my Xterra! It is now 10 years old and I have not had any problems with it. Would I buy another one? Absolutely!
I am that retired school teacher, who has driven every used car you've tried to buy. The only thing wrong has been a draft on the passenger side, which is a problem, especially when it is -20 F.