2001 Nissan Xterra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Nissan Xterra
- What do I do about my Nissan struggling to move forward after putting in drive.
- how much dose it cost to fix a rear main seal leak
- how much should it cost t replace a steering box on 2001 xterra
- 2001 Nissan Xterra will not stay running for more than 10 min
- ABS(anti-braking system) light on dash comes on for about a minute 2 or 3 times a month.The brakes always seem to work fine. What is my problem? Should I ignore the light?
2001 Nissan Xterra Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The coolant outlet on the front of the lower intake manifold may develop a coolant leak.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
2001 Nissan Xterra Questions
5 min after leaving work the truck starts acting like its running out of gas and dies.
checked for spark and also pulled the return fuel line to check fuel pump. Both spark and fuel are good. But truck only turns over. I Went to bed scratching my head last night. Than this morning the xterra ...
IS IT POSSIBLE WHAT A AUTOMATIVE SHOP SAID? THE ALTERNATOR IS BAD AND NOT CHARGING THE BATTTERY. THE TRANSMISSION IN EFFECT COULD NOT BE GETTING SOME OF THE ELECTRICAL IMPULSES TO WORK CORRECTLY.
2001 Nissan Xterra Recalls
2001 Nissan Xterra Reviews
I love my Xterra! It is now 10 years old and I have not had any problems with it. Would I buy another one? Absolutely!
I am that retired school teacher, who has driven every used car you've tried to buy. The only thing wrong has been a draft on the passenger side, which is a problem, especially when it is -20 F.