2000 Nissan Xterra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2000 Nissan Xterra
- greased front axle wheel bearings...broke spring on fixed cam assembly....
- I have a ABS code 17 and 25 on a 2000 Nissan Xterra 4X4.
- From last question, on the door locks operating erotically.
- Door locks stopped working correctly. Remote works most of time
- The a automatic door locks don't always work & remote doesn't open doors
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2000 Nissan Xterra Problems
The distributor shaft bearing can become rusty, and seize causing the engine to stall or not start. The failed distributor will commonly require replacement.
The coolant outlet on the front of the lower intake manifold may develop a coolant leak.
The fuel injectors can fail and cause drivability problems. Often there is no Check Engine light and the failures can be caused by corrosion of the connector, clogging beyond the point of cleaning, and/or internal failures.
2000 Nissan Xterra Questions
Doors will automatically lock when engine is running. Tailgate will not lock all the time & has to be opened with key
I have changed the distibutor and wires but no change
When should i change it again.
2000 Nissan Xterra Recalls
2000 Nissan Xterra Reviews
My 2000 Nissan Xterra runs great, but I have an ABS light that comes on intermittently, often during hot weather, and almost never during cold weather. Can't tell any difference in braking, ABS light on or off.
The nissan xterra is a great vehicle I bought mine in 2000 now its asking for new parts it has 102,000 miles and I was told that I need to replace timing belt they r charging me between 1,100-1,400 which I believe is way to much reason being that I looked up prices for timing belt kits and there under $75.00
Mine is a lemon. Really. When it is too hot the entire dash goes out. The dealership could never figure it out. With that said, I love my car and would buy another one. Really. It drive great, especially long trips. It's perfect for a short woman, the seats aren't too high, not too many blind spots. The 4WD is easy to use, and it can really get into some tough spots. It get very good gas mileag...