2006 Nissan Titan Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Nissan Titan
- there is a rattling noise coming from under the truck when accelerating.
- Bypass heater valve
- The heater relay is located where because I have no power to the water switch !
- when the a/c is turned on to the top vents, there is a load clicking sound
- my 2006 Nissan titan 5.6l was showing cat problems,evap problems. I changed 02
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Nissan Titan Problems
Overheating and/or lack of proper venting can cause the rear axle seals to leak. Excessive fluid loss can result in major damage to the rear differential assembly and/or axle bearings.
A weak or failing fuel pump can cause power loss due to lower fuel pressure and lean mixture conditions. This rarely causes a Check Engine Light to illuminate and should be repaired to avoid catalytic converter damage.
2006 Nissan Titan Questions
the noise happens at various speeds. the noise stops when i ease off the gas pedal. the noise sounds like metal on metal. other than that, the truck runs fine.
Is it possible to bypass the water heater valve?
I have no power to the heating valve switch when the heater is running!!!! I've checked for voltage with my volt meter!!!
2006 Nissan Titan Recalls
The instrument panel fuel gauge may show fuel in the fuel tank when there is none, typically about 1/4 when the tank is empty. This could cause the vehicle to run out of gas and stall, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will replace the fuel sender unit inside the fuel tank to correct this concern. This recall is expected to begin on March 22, 2010.
The AC condenser fan motor in the engine compartment may not be sealed properly against water intrusion and it may not have proper drainage. Water intrusion may lead to corrosion and possibly overheating of the motor, and a fire. Dealers will install a "thermal protector kit" and test and replace the AC condenser fan motor if needed. The recall began August 2, 2008.
2006 Nissan Titan Reviews
My '06 has 26,000 mi. on it. The muffler is good but the flanges on the muffler/tail pipe rusted right off. Told I need to replace both sections and possibly the whole exhaust system because flanges on cat. converters will probably crumble when trying to disconnect also. Paid 26k, still making payments, and the warranty only covers muffler and converters. problem there is can't just replace fla...
I have a 06 Titan bought brand new 54,000 miles to date. Here is my review. Love the look(I added a lot of chrome on a black truck) The brakes are holding up well I haul a 28ft camper she pulls and stops beautifully and handles the extra weight easily. That's the good. Now for the not so good. The heater takes awhile to heat up. Have had other trucks and they seem to heat up much quicker,needl...
i bought my titan brand new love it havent had any problems with it its got 91000 miles on it now