2009 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2009 Nissan Sentra
- Nissian Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensor Recall
- Fuel Pressure Regulator May Bleed Off Pressure Overnight
- Check Engine Light/Loss of Power Due to Throttle Body Unit Failure
- Check Engine Light Due to Failure of Catalytic Converter Closest to Cylinder Head
- Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensors Leaking Oil Into Connector
- how to repair crankshaft position sensor
- Trying to remove the top mount on the front strut on a 2009 Nissan Sentra
- Strange question but, how much would it cost to replace the front bumper? My sons front wheel caught hold of the Nissans license plate and tore the bumper. Trying to get an idea on costs to repair/replace. We will be paying for it out of pocket. Thanks
- I have a noise when I'm steering stopped or low speed.What could this be
- How can I align my rear wheels? chimes make my bearings hum,
2009 Nissan Sentra Problems
The engine may stall at times due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine. Sensors on certain models have been recalled by Nissan and will be replaced as necessary. Please visit our recall section for this model to see if your vehicle is covered by this recall.
If the vehicle is hard to start after setting overnight, the problem could be the fuel pressure regulator has failed and is allowing the fuel pressure to bleed off. A failed fuel pressure regulator will should be replaced.
2009 Nissan Sentra Questions
looking at the top mount of the strut has 2 bolts and normally there are three on other cars and other years for the Nissan Sentra. The cover does not come off if the 2 bolts are removed. What keeps it in place.
I have had the tie rods axles and struts checked. I do notice some noise when going over bumps. The noise when steering is like a popping or grumpling sound i can feel it by my pedals.
2009 Nissan Sentra Recalls
Nissan is recalling 2008–2010 models equipped with Garmin Nuvi 750 navigation systems because the battery may overheat, which could lead to a fire. Nissan will notify owners and Garmin technicians will replace the unit's battery and insert a spacer to prevent the problem from reoccurring. This will be performed free of charge.
2009 Nissan Sentra Reviews
The catalytic converter fails all the time and destroys the engine. The first one the warranty fixed, cost $6000, the second one they do not want to fix with warranty and want to charge me $7000