2006 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2006 Nissan Sentra
- Fuel Pressure Regulator May Bleed Off Pressure Overnight
- Check Engine Light/Loss of Power Due to Throttle Body Unit Failure
- Check Engine Light Due to Failure of Catalytic Converter Closest to Cylinder Head
- Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensors Leaking Oil Into Connector
- Loose Screws Inside Intake Manifold Can Cause Internal Damage if They Fall Out
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2006 Nissan Sentra Problems
If the vehicle is hard to start after setting overnight, the problem could be the fuel pressure regulator has failed and is allowing the fuel pressure to bleed off. A failed fuel pressure regulator will should be replaced.
The catalytic converter closest to the cylinder head can fail causing illumination of the Check Engine Light. Prompt repair of this problem is recommended because the catalyst material can be sucked into the engine and cause internal damage.
2006 Nissan Sentra Questions
I was given an estimate of around $400. Is that about right
Trying to install a ham radio how wire and ground to the battery ...
you can jump the car off and it will stay runnign it will rev up in park and neutral but if you put in gear it will not go anywhere and eventually dies the car out
2006 Nissan Sentra Recalls
On certain passenger vehicles equipped with a 2.5L engineThe crankshaft position sensor can overheat causing a brief interrupion in the signal output. If the interupption of the signal is so brief that the ECM Electronic Control Module dose not have time to diagnose the condition, the vehicle may shut off creating the risk of an accident. The dealer will reprogram the ECM free of charge. The Nissan recall # is R0606
Vehicles equipped with a 2.5L engine may suffer from increased oil consumption as a result of improper performance of the piston rings. Severe engine damage can result if the engine is operated with the engine oil low. In extreme cases, an engine fire could result. Dealers will reprogram the engine control module (ECM). Vehicles will also be inspected for excess oil consumption. A small number of vehicles will require engine replacement. Nissan began notifying vehicle owners of the recall on June 9, 2006.
2006 Nissan Sentra Reviews
I've had this car for about three years now (bought it used at one year old) and the only mechanical problem I've had is that currently the "service engine soon" light is on, and it looks like it's a minor problem with the evaporative system, or some such. Only other complaint is that some of the plastic fixtures on the interior are not the highest quality (i.e. they stick or in one case break)...
bought my 2006 sentra with 40K on it and have run it up to 215K. I love this car. It has always been reliable and has averaged 38 mpg over its life with me. I do alot of highway driving and it's never let me down. The only repair I've made other than routine oil changes was bearings in two wheels. front left and back left bearings were failing and needed replaced. I attribute that to some of m...
I have a 2006 nissan sentra I gave it too my neice it has 53k on it, I had to put a converter on it also struts other than that its a nice car.