2003 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2003 Nissan Sentra
- Nissian Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensor Recall
- Fuel Pressure Regulator May Bleed Off Pressure Overnight
- Check Engine Light/Loss of Power Due to Throttle Body Unit Failure
- Check Engine Light Due to Failure of Catalytic Converter Closest to Cylinder Head
- Failed Mass Air Flow Sensor May Cause Driveability Issues
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
- Preferred Automotive (301) 710-5186 | 20.18mi
2003 Nissan Sentra Problems
The engine may stall at times due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine. Sensors on certain models have been recalled by Nissan and will be replaced as necessary. Please visit our recall section for this model to see if your vehicle is covered by this recall.
If the vehicle is hard to start after setting overnight, the problem could be the fuel pressure regulator has failed and is allowing the fuel pressure to bleed off. A failed fuel pressure regulator will should be replaced.
2003 Nissan Sentra Questions
i was told to purchase a new gas tank
The person stated that the car had just been service. However, I took to a mechanic and it has to be repair!! I could take back where i brought it and they can repair it for 450!! should I have to pay them when they didn't disclose what was actually wrong with the car??
squeak while in use?
2003 Nissan Sentra Recalls
The engine coolant temperature can vary at the coolant sensor due to its unique location. If these variations are large enough, a brief interruption in the signal output from the sensor may occur. If the signal interruption is so brief that the electronic control module (ECM) logic does not have time to diagnose the condition, the engine may stop running without warning. This condition will commonly occur only at low speeds. If the engine stalls without warning, a crash may result. Dealers will reprogram the ECM to correct this concern. The Nissan recall number is R0606.
The circuit board for the crank position sensor and cam position sensor may have improper solder joints. This could cause the Service Engine Soon lamp to come on, the engine may not start, you could experience reduced power, or the engine may stall without warning, which could result in a crash. Dealers will replace the the crank position sensor, cam position sensors, and in some cases, the variable timing control sensors. The recall began on December 22, 2003. The Nissan recall number is R2022 and the Infiniti recall number is R3021.
2003 Nissan Sentra Reviews
I LOVE my car. I have had this car for 7 years and it has never given me a problem. Yes, I do the maintenance regularly like oil, filter and fluid changes which protect the internal parts. I also have taken my car directly to the dealership for service (except for oil changes which are cheaper elsewhere). The funny part is that my dealer's service dept is always cheaper by a good bit than the p...
The interior can use a bit more leg room. I have had to replace the struts twice in 7 years, but I guess that has a lot to do with the terrain you drive on. I love this car and will drive it until the cows come home.
I have Nissan sentra 2003 model and its like i have to visit the garage every week end because of under carrier problem. But the most is the Car always cut off when i'm in a traffic but it will start once i start it. i don't know why it was move and cutoff, start move and cutoff till i leave the traffic. It doesn't cutoff on a freeway. I would really appreciate anyone help or advice