2002 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2002 Nissan Sentra
- Nissian Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensor Recall
- Fuel Pressure Regulator May Bleed Off Pressure Overnight
- Check Engine Light/Loss of Power Due to Throttle Body Unit Failure
- Check Engine Light Due to Failure of Catalytic Converter Closest to Cylinder Head
- Failed Mass Air Flow Sensor May Cause Driveability Issues
- nissan 2001 with 100,000 sentra running hot little water coming out of muffler
- why is my nissan 2001 with 100,000 sentra running hot and has a little water com
- What makes the car not crank?
- wet carpet drivers side leaking after rain...ideas?also heater will not shut off
- Why does my 2002 Nissan Sentra plugs foul when trying to start my car?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
2002 Nissan Sentra Problems
The engine may stall at times due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine. Sensors on certain models have been recalled by Nissan and will be replaced as necessary. Please visit our recall section for this model to see if your vehicle is covered by this recall.
If the vehicle is hard to start after setting overnight, the problem could be the fuel pressure regulator has failed and is allowing the fuel pressure to bleed off. A failed fuel pressure regulator will should be replaced.
2002 Nissan Sentra Questions
over the past 8 months the car takes spells that it will Not crank. I let the car sit for 7 weeks at first. Then one day it cranked. Then it will not. Have changed plugs, coil pack and cam sensor. Car still in a will not crank mode.
2002 Nissan Sentra Recalls
This limited regional recall is for vehicles currently registered or first sold in Florida, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and the U.S. Virgin Islands, and equipped with Takata-brand air bag inflators. Upon deployment the driver and/or passenger airbag inflator could rupture, increasing the risk of personal injury. Honda dealers will replace the affected airbag inflator modules to correct this concern.
On certain passenger vehicles equipped with a 2.5L engineThe crankshaft position sensor can overheat causing a brief interrupion in the signal output. If the interupption of the signal is so brief that the ECM Electronic Control Module dose not have time to diagnose the condition, the vehicle may shut off creating the risk of an accident. The dealer will reprogram the ECM free of charge. The Nissan recall # is R0606
The circuit board for the crank position sensor and cam position sensor may have improper solder joints. This could cause the Service Engine Soon lamp to come on, the engine may not start, you could experience reduced power, or the engine may stall without warning, which could result in a crash. Dealers will replace the the crank position sensor, cam position sensors, and in some cases, the variable timing control sensors. The recall began on December 22, 2003. The Nissan recall number is R2022 and the Infiniti recall number is R3021.
2002 Nissan Sentra Reviews
2002 Nissan Sentra GXE guage on dashboard shows engine running hot, it'll then go back to normal, then hot, a continous cycle. I have changed the thermastat but the problem still exists. What am I missing or what do I need to do? I have not noticed any visible signs of coolant leakage as well.
just bought this 2002 ser from the dealer, engine knocks on acceleration. dealer knows , wants to see the car, but i refuse to be dupped again. the warrantee is currant but the agency does not cover the existing problem.
The only problem I had with this car was the alternator. Breaks are lousy