2001 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Nissan Sentra
- Nissian Crankshaft and Camshaft Sensor Recall
- Fuel Pressure Regulator May Bleed Off Pressure Overnight
- Check Engine Light/Loss of Power Due to Throttle Body Unit Failure
- Check Engine Light Due to Failure of Catalytic Converter Closest to Cylinder Head
- Failed Mass Air Flow Sensor May Cause Driveability Issues
- car ran really rough for one day, had it fixed. failed emissions test?
- Speed Sensor broke apart in transmission
- I have a 2001 1.8 Nissan sentra gxe I changed the throttle position sensor but the car keeps jerking and it stalls when it comes to a stop sign or red light
- The lock on the inside dr arm stopped working, now remote wont work either
- Car not starting properly
2001 Nissan Sentra Problems
The engine may stall at times due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine. Sensors on certain models have been recalled by Nissan and will be replaced as necessary. Please visit our recall section for this model to see if your vehicle is covered by this recall.
If the vehicle is hard to start after setting overnight, the problem could be the fuel pressure regulator has failed and is allowing the fuel pressure to bleed off. A failed fuel pressure regulator will should be replaced.
2001 Nissan Sentra Questions
No key turn over no spark
will a 2001 Nissan Maxima or Altima rear brake caliper fit a 2001 Sentra
2001 Nissan Sentra Recalls
The circuit board for the crank position sensor and cam position sensor may have improper solder joints. This could cause the Service Engine Soon lamp to come on, the engine may not start, you could experience reduced power, or the engine may stall without warning, which could result in a crash. Dealers will replace the the crank position sensor, cam position sensors, and in some cases, the variable timing control sensors. The recall began on December 22, 2003. The Nissan recall number is R2022 and the Infiniti recall number is R3021.
2001 Nissan Sentra Reviews
Once a piece of this car breaks in the engine it causes a cascade of broken parts, so make sure to get it fixed right away. Often have to buy parts right from dealer, and they're expensive!!
Bought this car with 8,000 miles on it. I have done all the regular maintenance (oil changes etc.). Now it has 160,000 miles and still runs like a champ. Most dependable car I have ever owned. Only negative has been that silver paint recently began to badly oxidize.