2001 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 2001 Nissan Sentra
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
2001 Nissan Sentra Problems
The engine may stall at times due to a failed crankshaft position sensor and/or camshaft position sensor, These sensors can fail intermittently as they warm with the engine. Sensors on certain models have been recalled by Nissan and will be replaced as necessary. Please visit our recall section for this model to see if your vehicle is covered by this recall.
2001 Nissan Sentra Questions
No key turn over no spark
will a 2001 Nissan Maxima or Altima rear brake caliper fit a 2001 Sentra
noticed engine is not starting up properly, smelled antifreeze after I shut off car so checked engine .seen water reservoir was low on water and oil was way overfull and I have not changed or added any oil. is that a problem?
2001 Nissan Sentra Recalls
The circuit board for the crank position sensor and cam position sensor may have improper solder joints. This could cause the Service Engine Soon lamp to come on, the engine may not start, you could experience reduced power, or the engine may stall without warning, which could result in a crash. Dealers will replace the the crank position sensor, cam position sensors, and in some cases, the variable timing control sensors. The recall began on December 22, 2003. The Nissan recall number is R2022 and the Infiniti recall number is R3021.
2001 Nissan Sentra Reviews
Once a piece of this car breaks in the engine it causes a cascade of broken parts, so make sure to get it fixed right away. Often have to buy parts right from dealer, and they're expensive!!
Bought this car with 8,000 miles on it. I have done all the regular maintenance (oil changes etc.). Now it has 160,000 miles and still runs like a champ. Most dependable car I have ever owned. Only negative has been that silver paint recently began to badly oxidize.