1997 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1997 Nissan Sentra
- I recently experienced a problem with my Niissan Sabre Gxi,My batery dies quick.
- runs good at idle and atlow rpms,but rattles and backfires when its revved
- does the sentra have a backup light fuse?, if it does, where is it?
- obdII code p0446 comes up. can you tell me troubleshooting procedure ?
- How much does it cost to repair a broken clock spring on my car?
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
1997 Nissan Sentra Problems
Excessive timing chain noise, a rattling or ticking, on higher mileage cars may lead to timing chain failure, which can cause engine damage. There are upgraded chain tension guides with a steel backing to improve durability and a modified repair procedure no longer requires the removal of the cylinder head to replace the timing chain. Maintaining proper engine oil level and frequent oil changes are important to ensure the long-term durability of this engine.
A growling noise may be noted from the manual transmission. This is commonly caused by a failing front bearing. Disassembly of the transmission will be required to replace the failed bearing.
1997 Nissan Sentra Questions
And i changed it even the 2nd one did last,the dash lights just goes off and it shuts down
we changed the fuel pump and fuel filter,checked MAF operationa and it checked out ok.checked distributor and cap rotor and plug wireschecked fuel pressure w/ new pump (ok),checked TPS and MAP sensor, car looses power when it reaches 37 to 40 miles per hour acts as though it were starving for ga...
backup lights don't work, i have changed the switch and different bulbs, no results