1996 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1996 Nissan Sentra
- Why us my car jerking/bucking?
- How do I replace bearing on left side of gearbox where CV sit and turns?
- airbag, on steering wheel is hot. can this be fixed and how. safe to drive?
- What would cause the starter to not start with a new starter in it?
- 96 sentra timing chains,gears all have been replaced but it wont start any ideas
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
1996 Nissan Sentra Problems
Excessive timing chain noise, a rattling or ticking, on higher mileage cars may lead to timing chain failure, which can cause engine damage. There are upgraded chain tension guides with a steel backing to improve durability and a modified repair procedure no longer requires the removal of the cylinder head to replace the timing chain. Maintaining proper engine oil level and frequent oil changes are important to ensure the long-term durability of this engine.
1996 Nissan Sentra Questions
there is noise at the gearbox where the left inner CV gets in. Mechanic say there is a pilot bush/bearing which is worn out.
car not used for weeks. yesterday, for a 4/5 mile drive, airbag on steering wheel was warm. today, driving for a mile, it got very hot, so came back to house. will airbag go off if i drive to repair place.
I have been having an issue with my car for the past two weeks about and what first happened was the first time i had the issue i had used it that day from my house to the gym, the gym to my house and then to my house to my job. That night when i got off work it would not crank or turnover to eve...
1996 Nissan Sentra Recalls
1996 Nissan Sentra Reviews
My car is 1996 1.6 nissan sentra with a GA16 engine. there is a noise at the entrance of the left CV joint to the gear box. (inner CV). They say I must replace the bearing/pilot bush on the mouth of the gear box where the CV sits/turns. What can I do to replace this bearing?