1993 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Nissan Sentra
- car wants to start but wont stay running anywere from 2-6 seconds and not every time
- Fuel pump quits randomly. Seems to happen when I fill the tank. Any Ideas?
- MY car is rough to shift from park-neutral-drive and when reversed!?
- My AC was working,but now when I turn it on the indicator green light isn't On??
- Lower chain breakage leads to bent valves on 1.4lit engine.if so how to tell
1993 Nissan Sentra Problems
Excessive timing chain noise, a rattling or ticking, on higher mileage cars may lead to timing chain failure, which can cause engine damage. There are upgraded chain tension guides with a steel backing to improve durability and a modified repair procedure no longer requires the removal of the cylinder head to replace the timing chain. Maintaining proper engine oil level and frequent oil changes are important to ensure the long-term durability of this engine.
Nissan issued a recall on the fuel pump for premature failure. There was an owner notification program and labels were placed on the fuel pump access panel and next to the AC charge label in the engine compartment.
1993 Nissan Sentra Questions
What could it be?
Carburated 1.4 lit engine imported from japan
do I need to drop fuel tank.?