1993 Nissan Sentra Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your 1993 Nissan Sentra
- Gas+oil under the spark plugs. Car will not start.
- What years are compatible for fuse box replacement?
- my 93 nissan sentra xe 1.6l 4 cylinder is stuttering wen i'm at a stop or idling
- MY car is rough to shift from park-neutral-drive and when reversed!?
- My AC was working,but now when I turn it on the indicator green light isn't On??
1993 Nissan Sentra Problems
Excessive timing chain noise, a rattling or ticking, on higher mileage cars may lead to timing chain failure, which can cause engine damage. There are upgraded chain tension guides with a steel backing to improve durability and a modified repair procedure no longer requires the removal of the cylinder head to replace the timing chain. Maintaining proper engine oil level and frequent oil changes are important to ensure the long-term durability of this engine.
Nissan issued a recall on the fuel pump for premature failure. There was an owner notification program and labels were placed on the fuel pump access panel and next to the AC charge label in the engine compartment.
1993 Nissan Sentra Questions
Have been working on this car for a few weeks now; the car sat for 8 months with this fluid combination under the plugs. The
gas+oil under the plugs was the original problem. We took the plugs out and tried to
start the car a few times to shoot the gas+oil out of the cylinders. All the cylind...
1993 Nissan Sentra Reviews
had to have one fuel injector replaced because one cylinder was not getting gas according to my shop. Is that normal.? Car has 160,000 miles on it.